James R. Snell, Jr.
Attorney at Law
The Law Office of James R. Snell, Jr., LLC, is managed by criminal domestic violence defense attorney James Snell. Mr. Snell is a native of South Carolina. He grew up in Spartanburg and attended the Spartanburg Day School. He then graduated from Limestone College with a Bachelor of Science Degree, followed by the University of South Carolina School of Law.
Shortly after beginning his practice Mr. Snell realized that a significant number of people throughout South Carolina who were being charged with criminal domestic violence. He found that many of his clients who had been charged with either CDV or CDVHAN were not any type of abuser, but rather had been arrested based on false or unfair allegations.
Mr. Snell believes that domestic violence cases must be handled in a very different manner than other criminal misdemeanors or felonies. This is for a variety of reasons not the least of which being that the defendant and alleged victim usually have a significant history between themselves and often times would like to try to work together on resolving the charge. This is different than other types of cases where criminal acts are alleged against strangers or involving people hostile toward each other.
Since opening his office in downtown Lexington, South Carolina, Mr. Snell has represented clients throughout South Carolina in all types of domestic violence and related offenses. He has tried cases to verdict in all types of South Carolina courts including General Sessions, Common Pleas, Probate, Family Court, and the Administrative Law Court. He has argued before the South Carolina Supreme Court as well as the South Carolina Court of Appeals. He is admitted to practice before the United States District Court, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. CDV cases are accepted in all South Carolina magistrate, municipal, or county courts.
Free consultations are available to those who have been accused or arrested for domestic violence or any other crime. When you retain our office you can be assured that we will:
- Take the time to understand your case as well as to explain the court process and all of your legal options
- Provide you with a straightforward assessment of all legal and factual defenses that may be available to you
- Follow your instructions with regard to how your case is to be resolved, whether it be through some type of negotiated resolution, a plea bargain or contested trial
- Make himself and his professional staff available to you throughout your case to answer questions as they arise
To schedule your free initial consultation with CDV defense attorney James Snell please contact his office today at 1-888-301-6004.
To schedule your confidential consultation to meet personally with Mr. Snell call his office today at 1-888-301-6004.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- South Carolina Association for Justice, Member
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Lexington County Bar Association, Past-President
- South Carolina Bar Fee Dispute Board, Member
- Certified South Carolina Circuit Court Mediator
- Town of Lexington Board of Building Code Appeals
- Past-member, 11th Circuit Domestic Violence Committee
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Domestic Violence
- Bond Settings & Modifications
- Felony Domestic Violence
- Spousal Battery
- Criminal Appeals & PCR
- Victim's Services
- Criminal Defense
- Alcohol and Drug Related Offenses
- Family Court Orders for Protection
- Personal Injury
- Civil Assault & Battery Litigation
- Wrongful Death